NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

another weird dream

Hello friends! So I had another weird dream I forgot to tell ya'll about..we were all hanging out and no one would talk to me/go near me and I'm like why does everyone hate me?! Finally Bo, true friend, goes "I know you're the smelly kid but it's not that I don't like you.." and I'm like wait WHAT? So then I'm trying to figure out if people think I smell..so I ask Defo and she's like "well in what context are we talking here.." and then I go to Mandy (picture PigPen from Charlie Brown with a cloud of dirt around her) and she's all like well people always say I smell so I have no idea if you do slash don't care...so me and Dig were true smelly friends and loved each other...haha guess I should go shower now.. :/

Anywhooo...today I met up with Corc and Webb at the Y. We ran our hill sprints and then went in the gym, which we had all to ourselves, and ran our mini 60yd shuttles like Glenn said. Those were fun, good for pivoting work.

Then we did some footwork stuff with hurdles and slides and sprinting all the while talking (defensive footwork testing practice). It was fun because these 2 dudes came in to play some bball and Webb goes "IM HOT!" so I'm like ok "WEBBS HOT!" They were prob so confused. It was fun though. Then we did some mini inside the lane footwork and then did more stickwork. By the time I got home I was starvin marvin!

Question for ya peeps -- so since I'm in CAS and we don't have real advisors, I just found out that I need another 4cr class to graduate (apparently my sailing and cooking classes don't count) so does anyone have any suggestions of what's an easy class to take? Like nutrition or some shitz? Help!

Thought of the day:
"Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time." -Marabel Morgan

Keep working hard peeps and we'll get our play to that excellent standard. Miss you all! See ya soon, love Chad ;)

#14 and #8 and #9

No comments:

Post a Comment