NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Friday, January 8, 2010

so i just did our last winter workout! so weird that is over. i did it with tilt and ray and we got to our last rice bucket and we just kinda stood there and were like, huh its over... but now comes preseason!!! woohoooooo! so we left feeling pretty good about ourselves, just maxed out on cleans, did chin ups with 25 pound weights, you know a normal day, and low and behold ray and i both had tickets!!! uh such a drill kill. and its my second one this week cause i got one on wed in the free spot! ray got hers in the free spot, and i was 2 min late to my meter! ahhh aka the meter maids r on bitch mode this week, so beware as ur all coming back in! im going to the bu bc game tonight at fenway with the fam, but most of my class is going to and the coaches so its guna b awesome! its snowing right now so im going to b wearing every layer of clothing i own. my moms got these "hot bunns" things that u put in the oven and they stay warm for up to 4 hrs and there little seat things, she got them for our games, but anyways those r guna b clutch tonight. i dont know if any of u saw invictus but its awesome! u should. esp if you know anything about the apartheid. ppl said they didnt like it cause it was too much about nelson mandela, but i thought it was sooo cool, and the rugby is awesome. anyways the poem invictus is in it and it gives me such chills so here it is:

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley


cant wait to see everyone!!!

peace love #15

1 comment: