NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Friday, January 8, 2010

Nobody puts baby in the corner

hi friends!

So last night Maryland got some more beautiful snow (yay!), however, that meant it was only me and schwebb at the gym this morning with like 2 dudes that think they're legit (but really just admired me and webb doing cleans and chin ups etc the entire time).

Anywhooo...so we started with our lift, which gets longer every week I swear. Or that could be because we spent at least 25 minutes on cleans determined to beat our maxes. We def can, but after about 7 tries we had to throw in the towel. (One time I actually threw the bar into my stomach instead of up -- guess I stayed close to my body like Glenn says to do though! haha, ouchhh)

Being the last chance workout, we did extra one legged squats and each set of chin ups we basically maxed out. It was good times. Our arms were throbbing by the time we benched, but we both did more than our sheets said anyway just to be ballers.

Finally it was time for terriers in a box! Well, today we had a small audience, consisting of a baby and her mama! They sat near the middle cheering for us while we ran and clapping when we finished. It was the cutest thing ever.

Then baby decided that she wanted to play though, so while we were resting she kept running to the cone in the corner and putting it on her head and stuff. I didn't really know what to do but it was my turn to run, so, I just ran at baby and mama and ran around my human cone. I think I scared her though because then she cried a little -- but that's probably because nobody puts baby in a corner!

After that Webb did some wall ball while I did some shooting. We set up a similar thing to Bo, against the mats. Ours are skinnier tho so Webb wedged a jumprope in between them to be the goal. And like Bo said, if you hit just above the mat it will fly back at your face. Thankfully, I ducked. But I almost killed another small child running around the gym at this point. Oops? Then Webb fed me some front doors and called my shot for me for fun, but after a while we were tired of chasing balls and getting hit with my shots and some douche bball player had opened the exit and set off an alarm and then ran away sooo we left haha.

Gonna meet up tomorrow morning for some more fun though I think.

Can't wait to see everyone soon! Love you all,
Jmar and Webb

p.s. "Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records." ...who's ready for testing week?!?

1 comment: