NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Boston in the morning!!!!!!

I leave for Boston in the morning and I'm sooooo excited....I can't wait to do my last winter workout in Glenn's gym!!! My gym at home has just not been the same. My friend Chelsea has been doing all the workouts with me, she even bikes with me. So when I couldn't make it to the gym on Tuesday, we decided to do double the bike sprints after lift on Wednesday......that's 36 bike sprints, and it took us 45 minutes. We did 9 .3's, 9 20/20s, 9 30/30s and finally 9 more 20/20s. Needless to say my legs were complete jello.

I called Marcdawg last week and she said couldn't run yet, but she cleared me to play some pick up lax, as long as i stayed in the goal. I went to an indoor place and played with some albany girls, but there was only four of us so we just did some shooting drills. Then, I got to play some more organized pick up lax and it was soooooo hard to not run out of the crease. They were throwing so many possible interceptions and I had to try so hard not to go for them. It was difficult, but at least I got to play, I feel like I haven't played in such a long time.

Not much else is going on here, I can't wait to see some of you tomorrow!

I'm gonna leave everyone with another quote, cause i love to share them, this is one of my favs and it's by shakespeare

"Be not afraid of greatness, some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Love you all!!!!
~Gibbler

1 comment: