NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

night guard = mouth guard in my sleep

hey everyone!

so i just got back from the dentist and as stookes and bc already know....they want me to get a night guard because i grind my teeth and theyre wearing down....now for those of you who dont know i already wear a top and bottom retainer at night which people get a kick out of since you cant understand a word i say in them............now they want me wearing a night guard when i just got over the fear of my retainers in public (last year i had a reoccurring dream that i was in camco or the dining hall or just in the dorms with my retainers in talking to other athletes and people.. and i would wake up in the morning with my retainers thrown onto my floor, or placed on my dresser)...so hopefully they dont make me wearing it til summer because it will be an issue :(

anyway before the dentist i had a GREAT gym session. first i did wallball for so long i love it and lose track of time (tilt i did your thing and i love it...my right hands getting good but my left needs work) ..then i did the lift and running and i did footwork after

i kinda made something up but it was awesome ..i put cones out for an 8m, a 12 and out past the 12 and what i did was i would start on the 8 stick up as if the ball was behind, then i would sprint and break down my steps to the 12, play d (1v1-slides and sitting low) then i would sprint past the 12 like in terrier defense and i would do slides and drop step backwards and eventually sprint back to the 8 as if the ball was passed off. i played around with it doing different things and it was a lot of fun.. also did some hurdles and stuff to get ready for defensive testing

JT totally feeling stronger too (and sore!

ajidgianhgejt -- - - 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sincerely,
hannnanananaah

No comments:

Post a Comment