NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

alo govna

greeetings again!
I think we need to coordinate a video chat time or something I miss everyone :( anyways thank god this is the chriskmakuh circuit week i have been shoveling snow the past 2 days and it is quite the workout! I was also in my car this morning on my way to get coffee and my cd changed to the one mrs walker made for me and KIDS BOP came on, made me miss you all! anyways Im currently reading Coach K's The Gold Standard ( despite my hatred for Duke I gave in since this book is about the USA 2008 olympic team) and its soooo good! so i decided I would leave some inspirational thoughts/ quotes/ exercepts on here for you guys ....

this is during @ the press conference announcing the 2008 usa olympic basketball team in chicago, illinios ...
before the team left for photographs one reporter asked the managaing director jerry colangelo the inevitable "what if" question: what if we lose? his answer was perfect,
"we never worry about what might happen, we look forward to what will happen."
We could not allow our team progress to be stifled by the "what ifs" or the pressure of outside expectations. We had to look at our mission ahead, not a feeling of fear for what could go wrong. ANTICIPATION. not expectation. Anticipation, meant an excitment to encounter unknown and new challenges, not a fear of them.

lylasss .. rak

1 comment: