NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Helloo Hello My Wonderful Teammates (And Coaches)!

Heyy!

I am in fact alive after surgery last week. I've had some time to catch up on a lot of: sleep, movies, tv shows, reading, magazine gossip, etc. Yesterday and today I have been able to move around a lot more which has been fabulous. I actually made it out to a movie today. We saw the new Disney movie, The Princess and The Frog. I thought it was really cute! Great soundtrack (set in New Orleans) and it was a "traditional" Disney movie with a Princess and great animation. Haven't had one of those in a long time!

Wish you guys could have seen my set up at the theatre...I can't sit normally in a chair so I sat in the vary last row and made a great little contraption with my crutch that kept my leg elevated. Worked out great but probably looked so awkward!

Obvi I don't have any great stories from the gym, but I have had one PT session! I go to my second one tomorrow. Before I went on Monday I took a pain killer...apparently I should have had more of a breakfast because once he had me stand up from the table and move around a bit I legit thought I was going to pass out/vomit all over the room- AH. I started to panic and sweat and and so I had to tell the guy. He sat me down, got me some water and a piece of chocolate....that was my real plan all along!

Right now I am sitting on the floor, taking a break from my "exercises," which really consist of me staring at my leg willing it to bend, and watching some CMT. I MISS YOU ALL!!

I am going to go finish these exercises and then get ready for dinnahhh.

xoxo,
CBURD

p.s. "Sing Off" watchers: We passed a woman while driving today that very closely resembled one of the women from MAXX FACTOR ...wonder if it was her!?

No comments:

Post a Comment