NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tilt, I love the last paragraph in your post. It makes me want to go run in the snow in the dark right now haha..can't wait to work out in the morning!!

Speaking of workouts, if people need some alternatives, I talked to Glenn:
-I personally do not have slideboards at home, so Glenn said to set up 60yd shuttles (set up 2 cones 10yds apart and then run a 60 so up-back 3 times)
-Sled pulls can be done as hill sprints like it says in your packet
-For those of us with snow, instead of the 100yd repeats we had last week, Glenn gave us a treadmill workout:
1 minute on sprint, 1 minute jog around the weight room x10 (instead of 8)

If anyone needs more suggestions hit me up. I've been playing personal trainer to my sisters all day giving them fun core strengthening stuff etc (Glenn I'll be calling you for a job when I graduate and an unemployed ;) ) My parents told me today they're joining the YMCA (same gym I go to over break) because my dad needs to swim for physical therapy. Can't wait for family workout sessions haha

Ok back to the Ravens game and cookie baking. I'm so glad we have this to entertain me while I'm apart from my friends

love you all
JMAR

p.s. does this red/white writing on the black background hurt anyone else's eyes? it gives me headaches from squinting etc ha

p.p.s. good luck to Knix on her surgery tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Also,if you don't have access to a hill for hill sprints, you can do incline treadmill sprints.
    I wish I was at the Y to see the family workout!

    ReplyDelete