NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Saturday, December 26, 2009

rain on christmas

Well, once again it rained on Christmas and washed away literally all of the snow over night. I would be terribly sad, but as Corc said, this means we can run/play OUTSIDE! YAY ..and the snow was still all there until very late on Christmas so s'all good!

Anyway, I just got home from Philly -- got to see the babies! Maddie and Ella are almost 2. Their bday party --Tinkerbell themed--is the weekend I return to school.

When I got home just now I had a thick envelope in the mail -- seniors watch out -- it's about graduation. Has all the dates and events and shiz for commencement weekend and saying to book your tickets and hotels etc now. Well idk about the rest of my class (except that I do know they're all thinking like me) that I don't plan on attending any of this crap because I plan on still playing in NCAA tournament.

I want to go all the way. I want to feel like this past year and these past 4 years -- everything we have done -- has been worth it. The miles of sprints we've run and biked. The thousands of pounds we've lifted. The hours of practice and stickwork and shooting. We work too hard to let it all go to waste. I don't want to graduate and look back on my 4 years and have regrets, wishing we had gotten more. We work too hard. Now it's time for it to all pay off...

Just wanted to share this with you all -- laxpower's preseason rankings for Lacrosse Magazine (Tilt, I'm sure you've seen it):
NCAA Division I Women
1. Northwestern
2. Maryland
3. North Carolina
4. Penn
5. Duke
6. Georgetown
7. Syracuse
8. Virginia
9. Notre Dame
10. Princeton
11. Vanderbilt
12. Dartmouth
13. Boston University
14. Stanford
15. Loyola
16. Ohio State
17. Towson
18. Cornell
19. James Madison
20. William & Mary
Preseason Player of the Year: Caitlyn McFadden, Maryland

These 5 teams are ranked higher than us and on our schedule this season. I take this as a challenge. We'll see where the rankings fall postseason...

Love,
#14

No comments:

Post a Comment