NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Thursday, December 24, 2009

weird dream



As promised, there's a pic of my workshop set up in my room. I took it on my phone so you can't get the full effect, but basically there's piles of presents everywhere and my wrapping supplies under slash on top of the table. I can't really walk in my room anymore haha

The first pic is me playing in the 2 ft of snow before we got plowed/shoveled out of our neighborhood hehe. There's little kiddies sledding in the background. So precious.

Anyway, last night I had a weird dream about all of you. It was a red vs white challenge kind of day, but we we're exactly in our red and white teams. We were tied though, so Liz said to do a shoot out to win. Each team got one shot and one blocker against the other person's shot...but we weren't on a lax field -- it was a long table and we were playing table hockey/shuffleboard style ish.

Anyway, the "red" ish team was shooting first...so my team (white) decided to put Gibbler as our blocker haha (even tho she's really on red..hence teams were weird). And she's like who do you think will shoot? And I'm like duh, Traci or Kin. Good luck kid. So Gibbler's all like "bring it haha" Well, it isn't either that steps up to the table. It's Cip (who should be on white). She's like well, I don't play attack so no one will blame me if I miss.

I'm not sure what happens, but I'm assuming Cip scores. So then it's our turn to shoot. The "red" team decides to use an object as their blocker. They set up a big glass vase field with coins (realy heavy) and we have to score by knocking it over with a paper ball thing. And there are like bottle obstacles. Somehow Carla (the art director of my ad lab team, who's a tiny CFA girl) is our shooter. I guess I thought she could concoct a way to avoid obstacles? Well she does...but can't knock it over. Traci's yelling things at her like "This shows how bad you want it! Find a way to get it done!" etc haha So our team loses.

Everyone's mad at me (maybe I picked Carla?) so they all leave and I have to crutch all the way home -- did I mention I was on crutches? I think in my dream I had Court's knee because I remember stitches..haha. So I'm crutching home from Kenmore while everyone piles into cars. Except Virg...she's my buddy and loves me so she walked home with me and said it wasn't my fault because she would have tried the same shot as Carla and we stood no chance. Then the coaches drove by and gave us a ride part of the way home, to wherever they were going.

Then I woke up so idk how it ended...haha weirdest shit ever though. Sorry I failed you white team!

Merry Christmas Eve, enjoy the holiday and then get back to working hard!
love you miss you
#14
p.s. traci and d --love the video HAHAHAHAHA

p.p.s. liz you win, i love my amonte :)

No comments:

Post a Comment