NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Traci A. Landy Seaford, NY 11783


GREETINGS,

I'm sure most of you have either arrived home or are just finishing up finals YAY. Now it's time for some needed rest time at home before pre-season. Pre-season is what we've worked our assses off all year for. With that in mind don't forget that though you're home and your mom wants you to stay in and snuggle your cat, dog, bird, fish, you need to keep in perspective that all your hard ass work needs to stay consistant until we come back in January, no slacking! However, like Liz said- with this group I do not doubt that one person will come into January in tip top shape, that is the first time in all my four years I feel 100% confidant saying that. HOLLA.

Life in Seaford is good. Went and did some airdyne sprints today, on a small-wheel, BARF. I was thinking in my head that song, I'm so lost without you when I biked because my biking compainion Cat wasn't with me. Incase any of you want to be emo with me- rock out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7doNyZA2gvY

SO- I went to my gym and was looking at the class list, to see what new classes they added. When some LI Guido meat head comes up to me and says- so like are those classes good? i'm like ya they rock! and he's like oh I thought they were like menstrual for pregnant women and would not stop harassing me. Eventually I pulled out the athlete card- and go "Well I'm a D1 athlete and our trainers RECCOMEND these classes." Of course I was victorious he shut up and lifted in his little corner where he belonged. 100pts. Traci, 0 for the jersey-shore wannabe.

But bike sprints went well, the ladder was creppy considering it's all the way up to incriments of 10, holy crap. But it felt good, and clearly I got some awkward stares- but NOT as awkward as when I was cleaning. God I miss you all and Glenn's gym.

A little fun fact- my dad informed me today that his favorite song on the radio right now is "Tik Tok". HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA, he won't stop You-Tubing it. He kills me.

Here's a little quote I found that I thought could be inspirational for all of you guys to read while you're at home...

There is a difference between interest and committment..When you are interested in doing soemthing,you do it only when circumstances permit....When you are committed to something you accept no excuses only results.


GET EXCITED!!!!!!!,
#23

2 comments: