NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

twas the night before christmas eve...!

Hello my sweet darlings!

So today is a hectic day here at the North Pole. The packages to be wrapped keep multiplying! Just when I think I'm almost finished my mom comes in and goes "oh I found some more presents for (insert name here)" haha

Anyway, I took some time off from elf duties to workout this morning with Corc and my wing Baby Baum. It was great fun. Ran some treadmill intervals (2min sets L7-8-9-7-8-9 etc for 20 mins) and it was harder than I thought, felt like I actually did something so that was cool. Ran into my old friend from the gym (she plays lax at Hofstra, and the only person from HS/club that still ENJOYS lax besides me sadly) and she was like dang you guys are running faster on this machine than I ever would (I'm like HA this is our rest week chica)

Then we did our fun circuit and as we're flopping near the ab section this dude that works there that I loatheeee (if you talked to me/webb/corc this summer about workouts you know you i am referring to) walks up and is all like "you girls the lax group?" and were like um duhh and I anticipate some smartelic comment but he goes uhh there's a honda with lax sticks in the back who left their keys in the door....aka monica HAHAHA Gosh I've missed her! :)

Then I went to visit my dear friend Court. She seems to be doing great! A little deformed looking though if you saw our previous picture post....hehe

Welp, gotta get back to the workshop! Just want to leave you with the quote I wrote on Gibbler's canvas...

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact; it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

As you all continue to work hard over break, remember our goal in mind. When you're lifting more weight than any female ever should, before you drop your last set of cleans, or think you can't go up in your bench, or question if you'll get that last (or first) chin-up, remember how hard you worked every day this winter. Picture yourself standing on that platform, with your meathead teammates next to you, cheering for you, as you finish your last set. Picture yourself running terrier in a box until your legs gave out from underneath you, but you somehow ran one more. And remember that impossible is nothing. You can dig deeper and fight more than you thought you could, and you proved that this winter. Don't give up now.

Love you all
Merry Christmas
#14

No comments:

Post a Comment