NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Monday, December 21, 2009

A little inspiration for you all...


I'll never forget the feeling in the pit of my stomach as the time ran down against Penn for my freshman and sophmore year Syracuse my junior year. I will never forget what it felt like to look my best friends in the eye and realize all our hard work just wasn't enough. The feeling that day was one of the saddest moments of my life. Looking at my friends on the sideline screaming their hearts out all game, looking at my senior captains giving their all when we were down over ten goals, and looking at my teammates on the field refusing to lose while the Syracuse girls cheered and hugged eachother around us. For you freshman- that feeling is something you never want to feel, and I would make it your personal goal to NEVER experience it. For you sophmores, juniors and seniors, you KNOW what that feels like, and you know what it feels like to come up just a little too short. What if I would've pushed a little harder in that sprint maybe I could've caught that girl. What if I would've played wall-ball a few more times I probably would've caught that ball. What if I worked on my shooting more I could've scored that goal. These are all the what if questions that run through your head. For me and my fellow seniors fourth and final year at BU- i don't ever want to feel that way again. This picture speaks a thousand words. It's Mckinley and I walking off the field at Syracuse after we lost a game we felt we should've won. Though our backs are to the camera, I think you can get the vibe how we're feeling by our body language. Use this to fuel you. This break and this pre-season make sure that when you get to that last game in May you have no regrets and no "what-if's"...all you have is a national championship and the self satisfaction that you did all you could to deserve it.
This is THE team, This is OUR Year.
Having no-regrets starts today!
What have you done today to become a champion?
LOVE YOU GUYS,
T #23

No comments:

Post a Comment