NEVER QUIT

NEVER QUIT
If you are not practicing, just remember: someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you two meet,
given roughly equal ability, she will win. -Ed Macauley

"Too often we are scared. Scared of what we might not be able to do. Scared of what people might think if we tried. We let our fears get in the way of our hopes. We say no when we want to say yes. We sit quietly when we want to scream. And we shout with the others when we should keep our mouths shut. Why? After all, we do only go around once. There's really no time to be afraid. So stop. Try something you've never tried. Risk it...you have nothing to lose and everything, everything, everything to gain." –Nike

Sunday, December 27, 2009

i survived 10 terriers

Hola Pedro,

So the day we've all been dreading since day one of winter conditioning finally arrived today (a little bit earlier because I'll be gone Friday -- Boston for New Year's anyone?!? -- so I did Friday's workout solo today). And I ran 10 terriers in a box alone...and survived...barely. Surprisingly my legs felt pretty good, but I couldn't breathe--guess I had too much turkey and too long a Chrismakuh circuit haha.

Anyway, I was all pumped because the rain melted all the snow and it was like sunny and 40s. However, it was torrential downpour that melted the snow. Meaning the turf was matted down and soaking wet. And I had sneakers on. Being the doucher I am, I ate shit so hard. No joke I have a huge raspberry mark thing on my ass. I was sprinting and went to pivot but my leg gave out and I slid sooo fast and hard like 5 feet past the cone (as if I was sliding into home plate) and I skidded so fast that I like plopped back up..so I just turned around and kept going. haha wish someone was there to laugh at me.

I'm also thankful for all of you because when I was dying and thought I couldn't make it I could literally hear all of your voices like cheering for me as if I was running terriers on the Nick. It was kinda weird--I felt like you guys were actually there. Maybe I was dilerious..?

Anywhooo...I ran into one of my friends the other day at the gym. She plays lax at Hofstra. She was telling me how she has to return early for speed camp. I told her we do that training on our own and she seemed surprised (I guess her team wouldn't actually do it on their own). Well, I trust all of you. So take this as a reminder that our footwork/speed training etc in our packet is just as important as the conditioning, and hold yourself accountable because we'll need all aspects to be the best we can be this year.

Here's a chin up challenge for you biddies. So today we were supposed to have 3 chin ups too. Well I was excited to use my gym's new weight belt but some dude took off the chain and was walking aroudn wearing the belt (grr) Soooo I decided to improvise. I did my 3 chin ups as a circuit. So it's like this:
chin up -- hold for 10 seconds -- lower for 10 seconds -- chin up -- hold -- lower...x3 (never stop and jump up, just hold then lower, get all the way down and then chin up back up. Shits hard. Feels good though. Enjoy!

More fun to come I'm sure because I'm meeting Corc and Monica in the morning!!

Love always
#14

No comments:

Post a Comment